How to generate sound of given frequency and duration ? (fwd)

Josef 'Jupp' Schugt

---------- Forwarded message ----------

Hi,

I am trying to port one old DOS game that just beeps its sounds to
PC-Speaker or AdLib if it finds one. The frequency and duration are
computed at run-time. What do I have to use in SDL to port this
functionality ? May be there is other extension or 3rd-party library
to achieve this ?

No need for extra library. Linux console:

man console_codes and take a look at the rtttl player available for
Ruby

or take a look at my C program 'rtttl_player'. Simply google for it
('I feel lucky' should work).

Linux + X:

man xset

88,
Josef 'Jupp' Schugt

Josef 'Jupp' Schugt

Saluton!

* Josef 'Jupp' Schugt; 2003-07-09, 21:42 UTC:
After quite some time of mutt I seem to have problems with pine :->

Gis,

Josef 'Jupp' Schugt

Wladimir Mutel

I am trying to port one old DOS game that just beeps its sounds to
PC-Speaker or AdLib if it finds one. The frequency and duration are
computed at run-time. What do I have to use in SDL to port this
functionality ? May be there is other extension or 3rd-party library
to achieve this ?
No need for extra library. Linux console:

man console_codes and take a look at the rtttl player available for
Ruby

or take a look at my C program 'rtttl_player'. Simply google for it
('I feel lucky' should work).

Linux + X:

man xset

Thank you. But that is for PC speaker only, it ignores the presence of other multimedia. The game I port, first tries to detect
Adlib and falls back to speaker otherwise. I would prefer to keep or extend this functionality, not to reduce it. So I should
better try to find something more generalized and portable.