how to get asp pages to using ssl ?

scott

Hi,

Im looking to rent a dedicated server with an ISP to host asp pages. I would
like to host several sites on this machines (using host headers or
individual IPs - not sure yet). Each site will get is data from a remote SQL
server hosted with a customer.

web user browsing using IE

asp pages hosted on dedicated server with ISP

| (ssl)

sql server hosted with customer

As you can see from above i would like to implement SSL between the asp
pages and its sql source. I know how to get asp to query a remote sql server
and know how to configure the routing to allow this at the sql server side.
What i dont understand is how to enable ssl on the server and to get asp to
use it.

how can i get the asp pages to use ssl ?

(will probably implement ssl between brower & dedicated server too).

thanks for any help
scott

scott

many thanks, i guess i will just have to test it to see what sort of
performance we get.

cheers
scott