How to handle webservice Java ArrayList in Dotnet client

Nicolas

Very urgent need help on how to handle the ArrayList return by the Java
webservice into my DotNet Console application
Actually the bug came within the return has not understanding the return XML
document

Additional information: There is an error in XML document (1, 573).

my code is like this

Dim nWS as New ws_JavaWebService() 'This is the webservice
Dim nRetVal as New ws_JavaList 'This is the return object
which is an ArrayList from Java J2EE

nRetVal = nWs.GetInfo("param_1","param_2","param_3","param_4") ----->
Problem arise here in the return

Console.writeline(nRetVal.Item(0).ToString)
Console.read

Thanks
Nicolas

John Saunders [MVP]

Nicolas said:
Very urgent need help on how to handle the ArrayList return by the Java
webservice into my DotNet Console application
Actually the bug came within the return has not understanding the return
XML
document

Additional information: There is an error in XML document (1, 573).

my code is like this

Dim nWS as New ws_JavaWebService() 'This is the webservice
Dim nRetVal as New ws_JavaList 'This is the return
object
which is an ArrayList from Java J2EE

The way to process a platform-specific object is with platform-specific
code. You should use Java to process Java-specific data.

If the creator of the web service wants non-Java clients to be able to
access its web services, then they should stop using non-portable data types
in their web services.