How to have the Submit Button run the Sub Routine Before Panel Sho

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by AuntieAuntieAuntie, Feb 5, 2009.

  1. I now have my modalpopupextender working, but to well.
    Goal:
    User enters ID number into textbox (working)
    Clicks Submit button which run the click event connecting to db, runs st.
    proc. to determine validity. (working)
    If ID number not found Then (working)
    Show modalpopupexter (not working)
    Show Panel1
    Else
    Hide modalpopupextender
    Hide Panel1
    continue to page 2.
    End If
    End Sub
    My code snippet:
    <asp:Button ID="btnSubmit" runat="server" Height="30px"
    Style="font-size: 12pt;
    left: 20px; font-family: Arial, 'Microsoft Sans Serif',
    'Times New Roman'; position: absolute;
    top: 250px" Text="Submit" Width="71px" />

    <asp:panel ID="Panel1" runat="server" CssClass="modalPopup"
    style="display:none;" Height="84px" Width="400px">
    The Employee ID number you entered is incorrect please try
    again.<br />
    <asp:Button ID="btnOK" runat="server" Text="Me OK" />
    </asp:panel>

    <ajaxToolkit:ModalPopupExtender ID="ModalPopupExtender1" runat="server"
    BackgroundCssClass="modalBackground"
    DropShadow="true"
    OkControlID="btnOK"
    PopupDragHandleControlID ="true"