how to initialize size of DOS Window?

John Cugini

Running Active Perl on Windows XP: - when I execute a PERL script,
a DOS-style command window is created - but it's always a mere 25 lines
big.... how can I set it to other (larger) sizes.

I set up a simple shortcut to the DOS window and it (the shortcut) has
properties
that let you adjust the window (font, color, size) ... but the executable
itself
(windows/system32/cmd.exe) does not.

Thanks for any tips.

--- John Cugini / (e-mail address removed)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

--Rick

| Running Active Perl on Windows XP: - when I execute a PERL script,
| a DOS-style command window is created - but it's always a mere 25
lines
| big.... how can I set it to other (larger) sizes.

<snip>

| --- John Cugini / (e-mail address removed)

This worked in a Win98 console (at the > prompt).
c:\windows>mode con lines=50

HTH

--Rick