how to invoke a method in a DLL

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Lloyd Dupont, Jul 13, 2003.

  1. Lloyd Dupont

    Lloyd Dupont Guest

    Lloyd Dupont, Jul 13, 2003

  2. Lloyd Dupont

    Natty Gur Guest

    Do you mean web services ???

    Natty Gur, CTO
    Dao2Com Ltd.
    28th Baruch Hirsch st. Bnei-Brak
    Israel , 51114

    Phone Numbers:
    Office: +972-(0)3-5786668
    Fax: +972-(0)3-5703475
    Mobile: +972-(0)58-888377

    Know the overall picture

    Natty Gur, Jul 13, 2003

  3. Lloyd Dupont

    Lloyd Dupont Guest

    does it work ? (I mean could you show me a web services sample doing that ?)

    I tell you my problem, I'm writting a 'preview' custom control.
    basically it's an input of type image wich show the image onclick and should
    display a small version of the image, for this I should set its src
    property.
    and here come the problem. what URL could I use ? (for the src)
    I could rely on the end user to provide an URL for the preview image, but
    that won't be a very powerfull preview control this way .. so I do need this
    user control to provide an URL pointing to itself which return the picture.

    if you have any idea ?
    anyway today I made lot of test and manage to write a cgi (.exe) which could
    be invoked by IE and return whatever I want.
    tomorrow I will try to put my preview custom control in it, and that would
    be the surprise ...
    although there is the drawback I lost session management doing so and then I
    can't cache the preview, so it's not good either. maybe I will end up
    requiring a 'FileUtil.aspx' page to be used with the preview control, so sad
    ;-(

    Lloyd Dupont, Jul 13, 2003
  4. Lloyd Dupont

    Natty Gur Guest

    OK,
    1) you can create web form that will return images by changing the
    content type and write binary output you can refer to my sample (create
    images for buttons)[1]. the page can take parameters as query string.

    2) if you want to be more dynamic you can create your own HTTP module
    and handler.

    [1] - http://www.developersdex.com/gurus/code/599.asp

    Natty Gur, Jul 13, 2003