How to prevent on-demand cpompilation aufter fileupload in a temp. Directory

Mayer, Stefan

Hi,

for some other reasons, where i have no influence and no possibility to
change it; it is necessary to upload files tempoarily to a temp-folder in my
web-project. Allthough the files are deleted a frew seconds after uploading,
ASP.net compiles the whole web at the first time a aspx-File ist requestet
via Browser - and this takes about 10-30 Seconds.

Is there a possibility, how i can tell ASPNET not to compile the web if
something hast changed in the /upl/temp - Folder?

I'm using W2K3-Server, ASP.NET 2.0

Tnx,
Stefan

bruce barker

move the temp folder under the app_data folder where it belongs. app_data is
the only folder not monitored by asp.net for recompile (or convert to fat32
which doesn't support file watches).

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)

Mayer, Stefan

a short question to the monitoring.
what is monitored?
* the Files od the Folders?
I ask because - when the files are monitored, i could prevent recompilation
when I delete the temp files (they are coming from an other system and are
not processed by asp.net) immediately and i don't have to change the whole
file structure.

Tnx
Stefan