How to print label on network shared printer in ASP.Net

tom fuertes

Hey,

I am trying to print to my Zebra printer. Can you please forward me the
code.

Thank you,
-Tom

Tommy Boy

Paul,

I see that his is an old thread. If possible could you forward your
print code?

Regards,
Tom

Josh Tyson

Could you please send me the code? I am having problems setting the
permissions so that I can print to my Zebra Printer from a asp website.
(e-mail address removed)

Ernie Redfern

Paul:

Could you please send me the code? We are working though some of the
same issues. (e-mail address removed)

Narahari Sanga

Paul,

Could you please send the sample code to perform printing?

Regards,
Narahari

Raj Gopal Kommoju Sri Venkata

Hi Paul,

Can you please send me the sample code.

Thanks,
Raj Gopal.

Joanna Bar

I've written an Inventory application and users would like labels
printed after they have added the items to the database. This is done
by filling out a form and then pressing submit. Upon submission I would
like to have a label printed.

I'm using a Zebra printer, connected to the users local machine, while
the application resides on a server and I use the barcodenet dll to
create the barcode to place on labels.

I have successfully been able to print labels as long as I'm in the
application on the server and the printer is located there, but this is
not the scenario that I need to implement. The printers will be located
far away from the server so I need to be able to send the print to the
local label printer.

Does anyone have any ideas how I can access the local printers from
within ASP.NET?

Mark Rae [MVP]

I've written an Inventory application and users would like labels
printed after they have added the items to the database. This is done
by filling out a form and then pressing submit. Upon submission I would
like to have a label printed.

I'm using a Zebra printer, connected to the users local machine, while
the application resides on a server and I use the barcodenet dll to
create the barcode to place on labels.

I have successfully been able to print labels as long as I'm in the
application on the server and the printer is located there, but this is
not the scenario that I need to implement. The printers will be located
far away from the server so I need to be able to send the print to the
local label printer.

Does anyone have any ideas how I can access the local printers from
within ASP.NET?

You can't natively... Modern browsers are designed specifically to prevent
any sort of direct interaction with the hardware or software in the machine
on which they are running, for fairly obvious security reasons...

Does each user absolutely have to have their own Zebra printer?

If not, I would advise you to set up a dedicated print machine with the
printer attached, and write a Windows service which polls your database
server for labels to print...

joseph miller

Hi Paul,
I'm doing the exact same thing. Was wondering if you would send me the
code also.
thanks

Jenny Moore

If anyone there is still listening, can you please send me the code to
be able to do this !! I am desperate.

Thanks in advance.

Jenny