How to remove an empty line which is created when i deleted a element from my xml file?

Discussion in 'Perl' started by Ankit Tayal, Oct 1, 2016.

  1. Ankit Tayal

    Ankit Tayal

    Oct 1, 2016
    Likes Received:
    MY CODE IS :

    use strict;
    use warnings;
    use Data:: Dumper;
    use XML:: DOM;

    my $parser=new XML:: DOM:: Parser;

    my $doc=$parser->parsefile('C:\perl\perl_tests\xmlin2.xml') or die$!;
    my $root=$doc->getDocumentElement();

    my @address=$root->getElementsByTagName("address");
    foreach my $address(@address)
    if($address->getAttribute("name") eq "Joey")
    if(my $item=$address->getElementsByTagName("item")->item(0))
    if(my $data=$item->getElementsByTagName("data")->item(0))

    I use XML:: DOM to parse xml file and do modifications in it . when I deleted an element named "data" it created an empty line (although data element got deleted) but I want to remove this empty line from my xml document. how can I do it ? any suggestions or solutions are welcome?
    Ankit Tayal, Oct 1, 2016