how to stop offline saved pages to postback to the real site?

George Birbilis

I have a problem with a big ASP.net app with users saving pages to the disk
and then opening them from the disk, filing them and trying to post them
back. Seems IE posts them back to the original website!!!

And not only that, but ASP.net replies normally then as if the user had
visited a website's page

So I may have a user saving off the login page, then logging in from the
offline saved page. It will log them in OK, but later on as they navigate to
pages, the URLs won't resolve OK and they will see errors (my error
redirection page). From my logs I see the URLs are to items like
....mywebsite\titleofpage.files\thepage.aspx or even
mywebsite\cache\titleofpage.files_or_somenumber\thepage.aspx

any suggestions?

George Birbilis <[email protected]>
+ QuickTime VCL and ActiveX controls (for PowerPoint/VB/Delphi etc.)
+ Plugs VCL and ActiveX controls (InterProcess/Internet communication)
+ TransFormations, VB6 forms to ASP.net WebForms convertion
http://www.kagi.com/birbilis
+ Robotics
http://www.mech.upatras.gr/~robgroup