How to use filtertextboxextender with controls in gridview

Guest

I have a gridview that is in an updatepanel, with textboxes for the
controls, and am trying to use the ajax filteredtextbox, but I get the error
that says "Textbox1" is not found. Any ideas:

<asp:GridView ID="gv">
<FooterStyle BackColor="#CCCC99" />
<Columns>
<asp:TemplateField HeaderText="Client No.">
<ItemTemplate>
runat="server" Text="No."></asp:Label></td>
Text='<%# Bind("ClientNo") %>'></asp:TextBox></td>
<cc1:FilteredTextBoxExtender TargetControlID="txtNo"
FilterType="Numbers"
ID="FilteredTextBoxExtender1" runat="server">
</cc1:FilteredTextBoxExtender>
</ItemTemplate>
</asp:TemplateField>
</Columns>
</asp:GridView><br />

Mike Placentra II

I have a gridview that is in an updatepanel, with textboxes for the
controls, and am trying to use the ajax filteredtextbox, but I get the error
that says "Textbox1" is not found.

Why a TextBox in an ItemTemplate? Did you want to use it to filter the
records by putting it in the header?

It's weird that it complains about "Textbox1" not being found, is that
referring to some line in your server code?

Also, I noticed that your first <tr> is missing an end tag.

-Michael Placentra II