HTML Forms + Javascript

pragan

HI,

I need to create an online form with Details such as Name, Address,
EMail, Phone, Message, Credit Card Type/Number/Expiry Date.
I started this and I was able to create the form and validate it..but
the problem is I have two js files :eek:ne to validate the normal fields
and other one for credit card(Got through internet).So I decided to
have two pages :In first apge user will enter the particulars and once
they click the continue button they will have to fill out the credit
card details.After doing this when they submit I shud get an email with
all the details.The main problem/idea I need is to know
1)How to store the details of my first page/form and then the secodn
form and finally send altogether to my email.
2) If I am able to validate everything in a same form I need not worry
about having two forms and storing details from one page to other
page.I have two js files but I am not able to properly edit so that all
fields are validated in single form.

Please help me out.

Thanks
Pragan

Lee

pragan said:
HI,

I need to create an online form with Details such as Name, Address,
EMail, Phone, Message, Credit Card Type/Number/Expiry Date.
I started this and I was able to create the form and validate it..but
the problem is I have two js files :eek:ne to validate the normal fields
and other one for credit card(Got through internet).So I decided to
have two pages :In first apge user will enter the particulars and once
they click the continue button they will have to fill out the credit
card details.After doing this when they submit I shud get an email with
all the details.

Never send credit card numbers or other personal information
through email. They should only be transmitted through secure,
encrypted channels. Talk to your web hosting company. They
probably have a secure solution that you can use that will
include credit card validation.

pragan

HI,

Thanks for the reply. I am going to send this through secure channel
but before that I want to validate the fields before its send out.I
have the normal validation script for the name,email,phone fields but I
want to validate the card number (I found a script online)based on the
type of the card.Ofcourse if I validate this I can validate the expiry
date.SO please help me how to call both the functions in my single
form..for example if the normal fields are done then if the user submit
the form...i shud validate the card details.Once I tried this and what
happened was I got alerrt msg for name field and also card field..so
simillar case was happening each time ..and then page dint validate the
card finally..

Is is always possible for the web hosting company to validate the
credit card field.???

Thanks
Pragan