Html Js forum

Reaction score
Im trying to make a web-forum(such as this one). But i am very intimidated with all the things i would need to do this.(database, user login, user/ post handling, and much more. I really only want accounts, commenting, and profiles.

Please link tutorials, and give tips!
Any help is apreciated.

Reaction score
Firstly, if you're into JavaScript, I'd recommend doing this in Node. That way, the front and back end will be the same languages. Beyond that, you've got a ton of options for each component (web server, template engine, database, cache, etc). You'll probably find tutorials that include larger frameworks, as well, like React, Angular, and Vue. I'd just Google "node forum tutorial" and see what comes up. Apparently, some really long YouTube videos look promising, at the very least. I'm very interested, keep us posted! And good luck!

Reaction score
Another path that might help. Down load and modify phpBB, it's an open source bulletin board like this one. You can see the complexity of a BB and at the same time have one up and running.

Ask a Question