Html Js forum

Joined
Apr 27, 2021
Messages
1
Reaction score
1
Im trying to make a web-forum(such as this one). But i am very intimidated with all the things i would need to do this.(database, user login, user/ post handling, and much more. I really only want accounts, commenting, and profiles.

Please link tutorials, and give tips!
Any help is apreciated.

Joined
Mar 3, 2021
Messages
240
Reaction score
30
Firstly, if you're into JavaScript, I'd recommend doing this in Node. That way, the front and back end will be the same languages. Beyond that, you've got a ton of options for each component (web server, template engine, database, cache, etc). You'll probably find tutorials that include larger frameworks, as well, like React, Angular, and Vue. I'd just Google "node forum tutorial" and see what comes up. Apparently, some really long YouTube videos look promising, at the very least. I'm very interested, keep us posted! And good luck!

Joined
Nov 13, 2020
Messages
302
Reaction score
38
Another path that might help. Down load and modify phpBB, it's an open source bulletin board like this one. You can see the complexity of a BB and at the same time have one up and running.