HtmlTable parameter to webservice

Mr. x

Hello,
Can I pass HtmlTable as a parameter to web service method.
Something like (VB syntax) :

<WebMethod()> Public Function addCust(author_tab_inner as HtmlTable) as
Integer

I need to scan the table and do some manipulation on the database, by using
the values of the HtmlTable
(and not doing manipulations on the table itself).

Is it common thing doing : passing paramaeters such as htmlTable, or should
I translate it to XML, and pass the XML-string ?
If not - what you sugest I'll do ?

Thanks :)

Mr. x

Can you give me example code for XMLSerializer ?
(Client : Javascript, and in server side : VB).

Thanks :)