HTTP/1.1 403 Access Forbidden - Error opening ASP.NET web project

Guest

I am receiving the following error in Visual Studio 2003:
"the web server reported the following error when attempting to create or
open the web project HTTP/1.1 403 Access Forbidden"

I am receiving this error when opening a web project that I created on
another machine. I have a development machine on which I created an ASP.NET
application. By default, it was created in inetpub/wwwroot. I copied this
source code (including the project file - .csproj) to the staging machine and
setup a virtual directory for it. When I open visual studio and try to add
the web project to an existing solution I get the error mentioned above.

I cannot open the project standalone nor can I add it to an existing
solution. Any suggestions???

Patrick.O.Ige

It seems its a security issue.
Maybe your default web site's Home Directory > Execute Permissions is set
to None.
Try changing it back to Scripts only

So if you get a 403 Access Forbidden error message when attempting to create
an ASP.NET web app in VS 2003, take a look at your execute permissions...

They could be more issues also..
Hope That helps
Patrick

Do you have access to the folder you moved the files too.