HTTP 404 on IIS

Mark

Hi
I am having IIS 6.0 on windows server 2003. Currently there is on web
site published and running happly. Now I wanted to add second one so I
created different host header name registered it under DNS. I can ping
new web address....that all is fine.

Now I published web site to directory under wwwroot and given path to
inder website Home directory tab on IIS. When I access page by trping
address in IE it displays "Under Construction" and when I give exact
path to the page it Gives me Error
"Server Error in '/' Application.
The resource cannot be found.
dependencies) could have been removed, had its name changed, or is
temporarily unavailable. Please review the following URL and make sure
that it is spelled correctly.

Requested Url: /default.aspx

Any help would be highly appreciated
Thank you in advance

Larry Bud

[...]

Well, 404 is file not found. Is there a default.aspx in the home
directory?

Sounds like you're a bit confused as to what the local directory is.

Juan T. Llibre

Did you enable ASP.NET on IIS 6.0 ?
You have to specifically enable ASP.NET on IIS 6.0

You can enable ASP.NET by opening the IIS Manager and scrolling down the left-hand
side to "Web Service Extensions", click once on it and look on the right-hand panel.

Click once on the ASP.NET version you want to enable, and click the "Allow" button.

Mark

Did you enable ASP.NET on IIS 6.0 ?
You have to specifically enable ASP.NET on IIS 6.0

You can enable ASP.NET by opening the IIS Manager and scrolling down the left-hand
side to "Web Service Extensions", click once on it and look on the right-hand panel.

Click once on the ASP.NET version you want to enable, and click the "Allow" button.

Yes,
I have ASP.Net Enabled

Mark

Well, 404 is file not found. Is there a default.aspx in the home
directory?

Sounds like you're a bit confused as to what the local directory is.

Default.aspx is in the same directory and i have enabled Defalut page
view as well

Juan T. Llibre

Try deleting "iisstart.htm" and setting "default.aspx"
as the default document for the website.

Also, if you have already done that, please post the physical directory path
and the configured virtual directory path to your application.