HTTP Error 404 - File or directory not found

Deven

I've just built website using VS2008 and .Net 3.5. In my application, I have
problem with registration form. Registration form contains few AJAX
component and some sqldata source and database is mapped to
|DataDirectory|filename.mdf in web.config file. I have no problem accessing
registation form on developement pc but when I publish it to web server
(windows 2003 Std SP3), I receive Page cannot be display error message. All
the other webpages (which does not have sqldata source or AJAX) seems to open
just fine. When I look at the IIS log file, it has following error....

Mozilla/4.0+(compatible;+MSIE+8.0;+Windows+NT+5.1;+Trident/4.0;+.NET+CLR+2.0.50727;+.NET+CLR+1.1.4322;+.NET+CLR+3.0.4506.2152;+.NET+CLR+3.5.30729;+InfoPath.2;+MS-RTC+EA+2) 404 0 2

Not sure what the problem is. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Deven

Guest

Mozilla/4.0+(compatible;+MSIE+8.0;+Windows+NT+5.1;+Trident/4.0;+.NET+CLR+2.­0.50727;+.NET+CLR+1.1.4322;+.NET+CLR+3.0.4506.2152;+.NET+CLR+3.5.30729;+Inf­oPath.2;+MS-RTC+EA+2) 404 0 2

This is just an info about you browser, but at the end of the line I
see "404" what means that the URL was not found.

What link was requested? Check if you deployed everything...

Deven

Alexey

Thanks for response. There is nothing left to publish. I am copying entire
web folder to server. As indicated previously, all other webpages display
just fine. Only one page has issue and only difference is that page contains
few AJAX componenet and few SQLDataSource objects. My guess is that page is
not binding to SQLDataSource correctly. I've exhausted everything on the
web. Have not found real solution.

Guest

Alexey

Thanks for response.  There is nothing left to publish.  I am copying entire
web folder to server.  As indicated previously, all other webpages display
just fine.  Only one page has issue and only difference is that page contains
few AJAX componenet and few SQLDataSource objects.  My guess is that page is
not binding to SQLDataSource correctly.  I've exhausted everything on the
web.  Have not found real solution.

The log entry tells that something is not found (404). If you copied
the entire line then IIS is setup to show no information about
requested URLs. Either you can set IIS log to show URLs and see what's
there wrong or check if server has the same version of .NET as
required (3.5) and it is properly configured in IIS. The Microsoft
AJAX 3.5 is included in ASP.NET 3.5 SP1 and if server has just ASP.NET
2.0 installed then you would need to install Ajax Extensions

Juan T. Llibre

re:
!> My guess is that page is not binding to SQLDataSource correctly.

You would get a different error message if that was the case.

A 404 indicates that either the page is not present or that the
ASP.NET account doesn't have enough permissions to execute it.

===============

Deven

My observation was correct. It has to do with SQLDataSource. Just to test,
I removed all the SQLDataSource from page and republish it back to test
server. Page came up just fine. I think it has to do with the way data
source is binding. Below is the way my connection string in web.config file.
If someone knows better way to map it, please let me know. I don't have
direct access to production server since it will be published at 3rd party
webserver. My test server is Windows 2003 std with SP3.

<connectionStrings>
<add name="dbLBConnectionString" connectionString="Data
Source=.\SQLEXPRESS;AttachDbFilename=|DataDirectory|dbLB.mdf;Integrated
Security=True;User Instance=True" providerName="System.Data.SqlClient"/>
</connectionStrings>

Thanks,
Deven