404 - File or directory not found during Blob upload

Homer J.

I have a web app that works very well for small blobs. I have recently
decided to add the ability to upload *.wmv's and eBooks, both of which range
in size from 10 to 60mb's, but I've ran into a little problem. I'm getting a
404 error about half way through the process. I've included my upload code
below:

*Begin*****************************************************

strConnection =
ConfigurationManager.ConnectionStrings["TechVaultConnectionString"].ConnectionString;
dbConn = new SqlConnection(strConnection);
dbConn.Open();
dcmd = new SqlCommand();
dcmd.CommandText = "INSERT INTO
[CalexanTechVault].[dbo].[tblVault] " +
"([tID] " +
",[FileName] " +
",[FileDesc] " +
",[Filesize] " +
",[FileData] " +
",[MIMEType] " +
",[FileType] " +
",[uBy] " +
",[uDate]) " +
"VALUES " +
"(@tID " +
",@FileName " +
",@FileDesc " +
",@Filesize " +
",@FileData " +
",@MIMEType " +
",@FileType " +
",@uBy " +
",@uDate)";
dcmd.Parameters.Add(new SqlParameter("@tID", SqlDbType.Int));
dcmd.Parameters["@tID"].Value = Session["Tumbler"].ToString();
dcmd.Parameters.Add(new SqlParameter("@Filename",
SqlDbType.VarChar));
dcmd.Parameters["@Filename"].Value = FileUpload1.FileName;
dcmd.Parameters.Add(new SqlParameter("@FileDesc",
SqlDbType.VarChar));
dcmd.Parameters["@FileDesc"].Value =
FileDescTextBox.Text.ToString();
dcmd.Parameters.Add(new SqlParameter("@Filesize",
SqlDbType.VarChar));
dcmd.Parameters["@Filesize"].Value =
FileUpload1.PostedFile.ContentLength;
dcmd.Parameters.Add(new SqlParameter("@FileData",
SqlDbType.VarBinary));
dcmd.Parameters["@FileData"].Value = FileUpload1.FileBytes;
dcmd.Parameters.Add(new SqlParameter("@MIMEType",
SqlDbType.VarChar));
dcmd.Parameters["@MIMEType"].Value = mimeType;
dcmd.Parameters.Add(new SqlParameter("@FileType",
SqlDbType.VarChar));
dcmd.Parameters["@FileType"].Value =
fileExtension.Substring(1, fileExtension.Length - 1);
dcmd.Parameters.Add(new SqlParameter("@uBy",
SqlDbType.VarChar));
dcmd.Parameters["@uBy"].Value = Session["UserID"].ToString();
dcmd.Parameters.Add(new SqlParameter("@uDate",
SqlDbType.SmallDateTime));
dcmd.Parameters["@uDate"].Value = DateTime.Now.Date;
dcmd.CommandTimeout = 30000;
dcmd.Connection = dbConn;

dcmd.ExecuteNonQuery();

*End*****************************************************

I added the CommandTimeout this morning thinking that that might be the
problem. No luck. Below is the httpRuntime from my Web.Config:

*Begin*****************************************************

<httpRuntime executionTimeout="500" maxRequestLength="61440"
useFullyQualifiedRedirectUrl="false" minFreeThreads="8"
minLocalRequestFreeThreads="4" requestLengthDiskThreshold="1024"
appRequestQueueLimit="100" />

Updating this hasn't worked either. I've over inflated the numbers just to
ensure that there is enough time and size. One thing that I have noticed is
that if I'm running the app in debug mode via Visual Studio I don't get the
problem. It's only when I go through IIS7.0. So...let's look at the web
now. Changed the Connection timeout to 300 seconds. Still no luck.

If anyone has an idea I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks