Response.BinaryWrite HELP!

Dave

I have a small web app that publishes files to a SQL database. I just
noticed this morning that 2 conditions exist that I need help with.

1.) Any file that can be open with NotePad have the HTML for the web
page appended to the document when it's received. Example...

This line was entered in the *.txt file prior to upload. Everything
below this was added when retrieving from SQL.

<head><title>
Untitled Page
</title>
<link href="App_Themes/j

End Example

Upload Code:
VaultGridView.SelectedIndex = -1;
strConnection =
ConfigurationManager.ConnectionStrings["DocumentVaultConnectionString"].ConnectionString;
dbConn = new SqlConnection(strConnection);
dbConn.Open();
dcmd = new SqlCommand();
dcmd.CommandText = "INSERT INTO [DocumentVault].[dbo].
[tblVault] " +
"([tID] " +
",[FileName] " +
",[Filesize] " +
",[FileData] " +
",[uBy] " +
",[uDate]) " +
"VALUES " +
"(@tID " +
",@FileName " +
",@Filesize " +
",@FileData " +
",@uBy " +
",@uDate)";
dcmd.Parameters.Add(new SqlParameter("tID",
TumblersGridView.SelectedValue));
dcmd.Parameters.Add(new SqlParameter("Filename",
FileUpload1.FileName));
dcmd.Parameters.Add(new SqlParameter("Filesize",
FileUpload1.PostedFile.ContentLength));
dcmd.Parameters.Add(new SqlParameter("FileData",
FileUpload1.FileBytes));
dcmd.Parameters.Add(new SqlParameter("uBy",
Session["UserID"].ToString()));
dcmd.Parameters.Add(new SqlParameter("uDate",
DateTime.Now.Date));
dcmd.Connection = dbConn;
dcmd.ExecuteNonQuery();
VaultGridView.DataBind();

Download Code:
strConnection =
ConfigurationManager.ConnectionStrings["DocumentVaultConnectionString"].ConnectionString;
dbConn = new SqlConnection(strConnection);
dbConn.Open();
dcmd = new SqlCommand();
dcmd.CommandText = "SELECT [FileName], [FileData] " +
"FROM [DocumentVault].[dbo].[tblVault] " +
"WHERE([vID] = @vID)";
dcmd.Parameters.Add(new SqlParameter("vID",
VaultGridView.SelectedValue));
dcmd.Connection = dbConn;
SqlDataReader dr = dcmd.ExecuteReader();
dr.Read();

Response.Clear();
Response.ContentType = "application/x-unknown";
Response.AppendHeader("Content-Disposition",
"attachment; filename=\"" + dr["FileName"] +
"\"");
Response.BinaryWrite((byte[])dr["FileData"]);

dbConn.Close();
VaultGridView.SelectedIndex = -1;

2.) All Office 2007 documents when retrieved open as corrupt.

Everything that I've found so far shows that Response.WriteBinary is
the right directrion. If it's not, I'm sure that there's someone out
there that can give me the right path to take.

Thanks

Göran Andersson

Dave said:
I have a small web app that publishes files to a SQL database. I just
noticed this morning that 2 conditions exist that I need help with.

1.) Any file that can be open with NotePad have the HTML for the web
page appended to the document when it's received. Example...

This line was entered in the *.txt file prior to upload. Everything
below this was added when retrieving from SQL.

<head><title>
Untitled Page
</title>
<link href="App_Themes/j

End Example

Upload Code:

8< snip
Download Code:

8< snip
2.) All Office 2007 documents when retrieved open as corrupt.

Everything that I've found so far shows that Response.WriteBinary is
the right directrion. If it's not, I'm sure that there's someone out
there that can give me the right path to take.

Thanks

Remove all markup code from the aspx file, except the @Page directive.

Add the property Theme="" to the @Page directive, so that it doesn't try
to add theming to the page.

Alternatively, if you really want the page to either work as a web page
or a download proxy depending on some input, you can use Response.End()
after your code that is writing the file to the response stream to keep
the page from being rendeded to the stream also.