    Ideas?

    Thanks,

    Shane

    SStory, Feb 27, 2004

  2. HTTP_REFERER will be blank for a number of reasons (e.g. if the user sends
    the request directly, if the user sends the request from a different IE
    security zone, if user has a privacy proxy installed, if the user sends the
    request from a page that was transferred using SSL, etc).

    What are you using this variable for? You could just make your posting form
    contain a hidden input field containing info about the post form.

    You should never use this field for security decisions, as it's easy to
    spoof.

    --
    Thanks,

    Eric Lawrence