HttpHandler Problem in ASP .net 2.0

Anbu

Hi All,

I'm implementing a soapreceiver class in a web site. The required
httpHandler tag was also added in the web.config as below.

<httpHandlers>
<add verb="*" path="Receiver.ashx" type="namespace.class, myassembly"/>
</httpHandlers>

Unfortunately, when i run the application from .NET IDE 2.0, I'm
getting the following error with list of directories.

file required to service this request. Please review the specific error
details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: Could not load file or assembly 'myassembly' or
one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
From this report, I understood that it's basically looking for
myassembly.dll or myassmbly.exe, for the given namespace.class. Though
I compile and build the application, it's not creating the dll under
the bin folder. The bin folder has someother 3rd party components which
are required for further development

The above scenario was with FileSystem project. I even tried with Web
Site project, but has no improvements.

Any help?

TIA,

Karl Seguin [MVP]

If your httphandler is in your App_Code folder, the assembly will be
"App_Code"

Karl

Anbu

But how can i force the build operation to target this folder. It does
not create the dll on the bin folder or in the web site folder when i
use "build web site".