HttpModule only in Subdirectories

Dominik Amon

Hi!

I'd like to use an http-module only in the subdirectory called
"administration"

My first try was something like this:
<configuration>

<location path="Administration">
<system.web>
<httpModules>
<add type="WsfRs.Extensions.Client.WebAuthModule, WSF_RS_ConsumerLib"
name="WsfAuthentication" />
</httpModules>
</system.web>
</location>
</configuration>

Regarding to the MS documentation this should solve my problem - But it
doesn't
using * and / at the begining and ending is not allowed by web.config
parser.

The module doesn't fire any event?

If i'm using the control in the "normal" systen.web node, it fires all
events

i also tried a web.config in the sub directory - it didn't work (also i
always had troubles with sub web.configs)

What's wrong?

thanks,
dominik

Brock Allen

httpModules are not applied in sub directories -- they can only be configured
at the application level.