httpmodule question

Raj

Hi there,
I have written a small httpmodule which basically scan the incoming
request on
a perticular domain and pass the url based on mappings. more like a
url rewriter
e.g. http://www.abc.com/joe.block/index.html will actully be mapped to
c:\root\docs\somedir\joeblocks\index.html

for this HttpModule to take effect I have done the wildcard mapping on
main folder but I want to allow to have classic asp pages in one of
the subfolders

Since all my requests are enrouted thru aspnet_isapi.dll My request to
asp page
is served but not in a executed form.
Is there any way I can trick IIS6 to do this for me.
Or is it something not possible.

Thanks
RAJ

Brock Allen

ISAPI extensions are only at the application level, so make the subfolder
its own virtual directory in IIS. That shouldn't be a problem since it's
all ASP code, meaning you're not trying to share session state or anything
else like that.

Bruce Barker

as asp.net took the request rather than asp, you are kinda stuck. you could
write an asnp.net module that hosted asp (might be fun) or you can switch
to a real isapi filiter (written in c) that will work in this case.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)

Raj Aher

Thanks Broc , but I didn't quite understand How I implement that. Did
you mean that I have to create new virtual directory OR separate website
itself. ?

Brock Allen

Just a new virtual directory. Go into IIS and find your top level ASP.NET
app, find the ASP sub folder and right-click to get its properties. There's
a button on that dialog that says "Create" or something like that. This makes
the sub dir its own virtual directory. You can have nested virtual directories.
You definetly don't want a new website (at least from what you've described).

Guest

Its my understanding that a difference now with asp.net 2.0 is that an
httpmodule in asp.net 2.0 will pass off requests to the proper handler,
whereas in the past it may not have.
Im posting a question on this now to get more details.