HTTPS on Twisted

koranthala

Hi,
For a financial application, I am creating a python tool which
uses HTTPS to transfer the data from client to server. Now, everything
works perfectly, since the SSL support comes free with Twisted.
I have one problem though. As an upgrade, now, I have to send many
requests as the same client to the server. Many in the range of >10
msgs every second. Now, I am creating a separate TCP connection for
each and am sending the data. Is it possible to create just one SSL
and TCP connection and send each message over that using Twisted?
I read through Twisted, but was unable to come up with the answer
though. Even if I have to use multiple TCP connections, is it possible
to have just one SSL connection?

I think persistent connections should be possible for TCP, but is
it possible is Twisted?

[...]

Any comments on the same?

exarkun

You can probably get persistent http connections working with
twisted.web.client (not with getPage or the other "convenience"
functions though).

The new http client which is being developed will support this in a much
simpler way. With a bit of luck (or maybe some additional help from
people interested in a really high-quality http client), this should be
included in Twisted 9.0 which I hope will be out very soon.

Jean-Paul