keeping twisted and wxPython in sync

Littlefield, Tyler

Hello all:
I have a couple questions. First, is there a way to know if connectTCP
failed? I am writing a client with Twisted and would like to be able to
notify the user if they couldn't connect.
Second, I set the protocol on my factory after a connection has been
made. So when I send my user and password, that is when I connect. Is
there a way to handle waiting for the connection to complete?

--

Take care,
Ty

Sent from my toaster.

crow

Hello all:
I have a couple questions. First, is there a way to know if connectTCP
failed? I am writing a client with Twisted and would like to be able to
notify the user if they couldn't connect.
Second, I set the protocol on my factory after a connection has been
made. So when I send my user and password, that is when I connect. Is
there a way to handle waiting for the connection to complete?

--

Take care,
Ty
Web:http://tds-solutions.net
The Aspen project: a light-weight barebones mud enginehttp://code.google.com/p/aspenmud

Sent from my toaster.

You can send your user & password in connectionMade() method, I think.

crow

Hello all:
I have a couple questions. First, is there a way to know if connectTCP
failed? I am writing a client with Twisted and would like to be able to
notify the user if they couldn't connect.
Second, I set the protocol on my factory after a connection has been
made. So when I send my user and password, that is when I connect. Is
there a way to handle waiting for the connection to complete?

--

Take care,
Ty
Web:http://tds-solutions.net
The Aspen project: a light-weight barebones mud enginehttp://code.google.com/p/aspenmud

Sent from my toaster.

And for connection failed, you can write some hook code in
connectionLost() method, this method will be called when connection
failed.