Hyperlink column when AutoGenerateColumns = True

Dawn Coelin

Hi, all -

Can I make a hyperlink column when the AutoGenerateColumns property of a
datagrid is set to "True"?

I have a column that is created by AutoGenerateColumns called "WOID". I
would like to make WOID a hyperlink that would bring you to another page to
edit that particular record. I know how to do it with bound columns, but
cannot find anything when the columns are autogenerated. We are using
AutoGenerate so that if the customer wants to add columns in the future, we
only have to add them in the stored proc that fills the datagrid.

TIA for your help!

Dawn

Elton Wang

All auto-generated columns are BoundColumn. Hence you
can't create hyperlink by AutoGenerateColumns = true.

Though, you can dynamically add HyperLinkColumn, and other
type of columns, to the datagrid according to your query
result.

HTH

Elton Wang
(e-mail address removed)