I need help with my python assignment and I'm stuck can't find any solution for it. Convert CSV string format to JSON format

Reaction score
Please read the description to understand better what is the requirement of my python assignment thanks.

# Create a file with the name data_format.py
# Add the following functions to file data_format:
# function get_book_info(), the function askes the user to enter the following information:
# book title
# book ISBN
# book author last name
# book publisher
# year published
# book price in Canadian dollars.
# The function will eliminate leading and trailing spaces from title, ISBN, author name and publisher (use function strip ()).
# The function will return a string from the given information in the same order specified above, separated by forward slash (/)
# Note: price should be formatted to have two digits after the decimal point
# Function to_csv_format(), the function takes one parameter which is the string generated by get_book_info(), parse it and return a string of the provided information in a csv format.
# Function to_JSON_format(), the function takes a CSV formatted string and returns the corresponding JSON format string. Use String Methods find() ,string slicing and string concatenation to implement the required functionality.
# Create a main function as shown in the in-class lab section. Add function calls to get the book information, produce and display the csv
def get_book_info():
book_title = (input("Enter the book title: "))
book_ISBN = input("Enter book ISBN: ")
book_author_last_name = input("Enter author last name: ")
book_publisher = input("Enter book publisher: ")
year_published = input("Enter year published: ")
book_price = float(input("Book price: "))

book_title = book_title.strip()
book_ISBN = book_ISBN.strip()
book_author_last_name = book_author_last_name.strip()
book_publisher = book_publisher.strip()
year_published = year_published.strip()

return f"%s/%s/%s/%s/%s/%.2f"%(book_title,book_ISBN,book_author_last_name,book_publisher,year_published,book_price)

# Function to_csv_format(), the function takes one parameter which is the string generated by get_book_info(),
# parse it and return a string of the provided information in a csv format.

def to_csv_format(string_data):

string_to_csv_format = "".join(string_data)
return string_to_csv_format.replace("/",",")

#Function to_JSON_format(), the function takes a CSV formatted string and
#returns the corresponding JSON format string. Use String Methods find() ,
#string slicing and string concatenation to implement the required functionality.

def to_JSON_format(csv_formatted_string_to_json):

string = csv_formatted_string_to_json.replace(",",":")
return string

I NEED HELP WITH MY TO_JSON_FORMAT(), HOW I CAN CONVERT CSV STRING TO JSON FORMAT. THANKS.

Ask a Question