identification of NET objects

guy

Hello

My browser doesnt know NET objects.
for example if i download this small asp.net page ,the Button ,label and
text box dont appear on the screen . only the text!!
how can i fix that???

<%@ Page Language="VB" %>
2:
3: <script runat="server">
4: Sub tbMessage_Change(Sender As Object, E As EventArgs)
5: lblMessage.Text = "Hello " + tbMessage.Text
6: End Sub
7: </script>
8:
9: <html><body>
10: <font size="5">Sam's Teach Yourself ASP.NET in 21 Days:
12: <% Response.Write("Our First Page<p>") %>
13:
14: <form runat="server">
15: Please enter your name:
16: <asp:textbox id="tbMessage"
17: OnTextChanged="tbMessage_Change"
18: runat=server/>
19: <asp:button id="btSubmit" Text="Submit"
20: runat=server/><p>
21: <asp:label id="lblMessage" font-size="20pt"
22: runat=server/>
23: </form>
24: </body></html>

Hans Kesting

Eliyahu said:
That's right. Your browser knows nothing of NET objects. Asp.Net
does. It knows how to make an html page out of .aspx file. That what
Asp.Net is all about.

Eliyahu

And to make the answer a bit longer:
Your page needs to have a .aspx extension (not .html), and you can't just load it
from the filesystem (file:// ...), but you need to access it through
IIS with .Net installed (http://localhost/...).
If you already had IIS installed before you installed the .Net framework,
then IIS will know how to process aspx pages.

Hans Kesting

Eliyahu Goldin