IE not posting properly?

Sohail

Hey dotnetters,

I have an application which goes between pages using postbacks and
Response.Redirects.

Basically, the flow is like this:

1: Page1: Do some work
2: Page2: Preview your results
3: while(Not satisfied with results) GOTO 1;
4: Page3: Show full output

Now I have *alot* of client side javascript for Page1. This is used vs.
postbacks because there is too much information on the screen and it takes
forever to re-render in the browser. The work done on Page1 is saved in a
server side hidden textbox to retrieve on postbacks.

The first time I make the transition from Page1->Page2 I click a submit
button which fires the forms onsubmit method. In the onsubmit method, I
update the value of the hidden textbox. I can retrieve the values of the
hidden textbox just fine, every time.

Now if the user does not like their results, they can go back and work on
them.

The next time they preview their results (i.e., the session goes like this
Page1->Page2->Page1->Page2), the value of the hidden textbox has not
changed! Even though I did a window.alert to assert that it had been
changed!

What is going on here? Is it an IE problem? What can I do to fix it?

Thanks,

Sohail

ps, please also reply to sohail dit somani dot opg dit com (dit=dot, dot=at)

Sohail

Sohail said:
Hey dotnetters,

I have an application which goes between pages using postbacks and
Response.Redirects.

You know what... Um... nevermind... I should comment my code ;-)