IE using cached pages instead of posting to server

James E

I have an asp.net web application. On each page of the web app, is a web
user control that is used for navigation.

The web user control contains a DHTML menu that is poulated at run time by
an xml file.

My problem is that if Internet Explorers general settings for 'check for
newer versions of stored pages' is set to 'Automatically', IE does not
request a new copy of the page from the server after the page has been
loaded the first time.

Is there any way I can detect this in my application and force IE, NOT to
use it's cached copy of the page???

Cheers

JamesE

James E

Sorted it....

I added the line:

Response.Cache.SetExpires(DateTime.Now);

which solves the problem...

Ran Davidovitz

Also use the no-cache pragma
this is the best option in these situations

Ran Davidovitz
Web Developer
Verint