IIS Authentication vs SiteMinder

sck10

Hello,

In our company, everyone logs in using NT Authentication. I have Integrated
Windows Authentication turned on for a section of my website, the only
problem is that I have to maintain the list of users allowed to view the
website. We also have SiteMinder which forces the person to enter the NT
login information and then passes the handle back to the calling page. I
was wondering if IIS had something like this?

Walter Wang [MSFT]

Hi,

Thank you for your post.

Based on my understanding, your question is about how to allow or deny
certain domain users/groups to visit your website. Please feel free to post
here if I've misunderstood anything.

You can take a look at following article:

#How To: Use Windows Authentication in ASP.NET 2.0
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnpag2/html
/paght000025.asp

In short, you need to look at the "Authorizing Windows Users" section about
how to deny or allow user groups to visit your website.

Regards,
Microsoft Online Community Support

Walter Wang [MSFT]

Hi,

Appreciate your update and response. I am glad to hear that the problem has
been fixed. If you have any other questions or concerns, please do not
hesitate to contact us. It is always our pleasure to be of assistance.

Have a nice day!

Regards,
Microsoft Online Community Support

Joined