Mixed Authentication, ASP.Net 2.0, IIS 5.0

camainc

Can someone point me to a ~working~ example of using mixed
authentication in an ASP.Net 2.0 website?

I have been screwing around with this all day and I am no closer to a
solution. It seems to me that this sort of thing should just be "built-
in." I can't believe that after 10+ years of ASP.Net and IIS that
there isn't an integrated solution for this.

I know there must be a lot of other developers out there with this
need - integrated windows authentication for internal users, forms
authentication for external users - all in the same site. Why is this
so #!$) hard??

Why do we have to jump through flaming hoops of custom ISAPI filters
or HTTP modules spewing out javascript with redirects, and Lord knows
what else, just to support both internal and external users in a
seamless fashion?

I have been googling this all day long, and have found several
articles, most of which are several years old, and which involve
labyrinthine coding and IIS tweaking to make them work. Am I missing
something obvious here?

aja.borges

This should help you :

There's sample code provided...

Yes, it's fairly old ( 2004 ) but the principles are still good.

- Mostrar texto citado -

Hi,

In the above response, the sample code provided needs .NET Framework
1.1.4322 to install.
I have .NET Framework 3.5 in my computer.
Is it possible to install that old version, without problems to the
version I have installed?
If it is, where may I find the old version?
Thanks.

ajborges

Juan T. Llibre

re:
!> In the above response, the sample code provided needs .NET Framework 1.1.4322 to install.

YEs, the sample is old, but good.

re:
!> I have .NET Framework 3.5 in my computer.
!> Is it possible to install that old version, without problems to the version I have installed?

Yes. No problems.

re:
!> If it is, where may I find the old version?

You can install the .NET Framework 1.1 redistributable :
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...E3-F589-4842-8157-034D1E7CF3A3&displaylang=en

You should also install the .Net Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1 :
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...4F-088E-40B2-BBDB-A83353618B38&displaylang=en

Study the sample code, for testing purposes only.

You should then adapt the sample code to the .Net Framework 3.5
( which is really 2.0 code for Windows Authentication purposes... )

I don't recall if the sample can run "as is" under ASP.NET 2.0, but it may.

Test it first.
If it doesn't run, then you'll need to install .Net 1.1 to test and adapt the code.