IIS default web site

mike kim

I have a web application running on IIS default web site with vitural
directory and so. This is for the development site. Also, I have a
production web application running on the same IIS but on its own web
site. This version is for the internet users. They are the same
applications because I copy all files from the default web site and
paste them in the production web site. However, they behave
differently. The applications have a treeview control. I set
Autopostback = True and smatrnavation = true because I want
SelectedIndexChanged event to be fired when I select different tree
node and prevent the tree node collapsing. When I run the application
from IIS default web site, it works perfectly. I mean there is no
flickering and no delay when I select different tree nodes. However,
when I run the production version which run from its own web site,
there seems to be a 2-sec dely every time different tree node is
selected. I see a blank page for 2 sec every time. Is something
wrong with my treeview control setting or web site configuration? How
these two web sites are different?

MS News \(MS ILM\)

Mike,
When you access the Internet users web site ( not-default ) do you thing you
are going throught the same route to access the server?
How about the ports used , DNS, traffic, CPU or Process Throtlling and
BandWidth Throtlling for each site.
Please let us know what is the problem so we all learn

Thanks

John Saunders

mike kim said:
I have a web application running on IIS default web site with vitural
directory and so. This is for the development site. Also, I have a
production web application running on the same IIS but on its own web
site. This version is for the internet users. They are the same
applications because I copy all files from the default web site and
paste them in the production web site. However, they behave
differently. The applications have a treeview control. I set
Autopostback = True and smatrnavation = true

Were you aware that SmartNavigation is known to be very buggy? You might
want to remove it and see if the problem persists.