IIS settings to give faster response

Jack Wright

Dear All,
The following is the setting on IIS on a typical Client Server we
are working on
Authentication Methods
Anonymous access [x]
(No user name/password required to access this resource.)

Account used for anonymous access:
User name: IUSR_PC-JACK-LP
Password: xxxxxx

Allow IIS to control password [x]

Authenticated access

For the following authentication methods, user name and password
are required when
- anonymous access is disabled, or
- access is restricted using NTFS access control lists

Digest authentication for Windows domain servers []

Basic authentication (password is sent in clear text) []

Default domain:

Realm: JSONCMP.COM

Integrated Windows authentication [x]

Virtual Directory tab

When connecting to this resource, the content should come from:
A directory located on this computer [x]
A share located on another computer
A redirection to a URL

Local Path: C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\JSONSRV
Script source access[] Log visits [x]
Read [x] Index this resource[]
Write []
Directory browsing []

Application Settings
Application name:
Starting point: <Default We...\JSonSrv
Execute Permissions: Scripts only
Application Protection: Medium (Pooled)

Default Web Site

HTTP Keep-Alives Enabled []

I have the following questions:
1. For an Intranet application is this setting fine?
2. Do I need to have a separate setting for ASPX pages and
WebServices?
3. Do these settings play a role in the response speed?
4. My Client application for the first time takes time to find the
proxy and download the WSDL (WebServer is on a different mc and has
been accessed b4 by some other user). The Google sample seems to be
faster. How can I cache the proxy url the next time my client starts
the application?

Please help.

TALIA
Many Regards