Image Zooming

Guest

Hi all,
I really am in desperate need of some code that can zoom in on an image. I
don't want to just make the whole image bigger, i want to have a box ( <p>
tag ) that is the zooming window... so the image is always the same size, the
box is always the same size, and only when the box is moved over the image,
the part of the image that is inside the box will get zoomed..

so it's like a lil magnifying glass that is being moved around the image
with the mouse and only zooming the part that is under the glass...

please please please help if you can... thank you

Mark Fitzpatrick

Your best bet is to look for a clientside Java applet, or an ActiveX
control. You could also try looking for a Flash animation to do this. This
is probably your best bet since ActiveX controls are IE only and can be
blocked by security settings and new computers don't ship with a Java
Virtual Machine. Take a peek around Flashkit
(http://www.flashkit.com/index.shtml) as there may be something good there.
Keep in mind though that the zoom will probably be pretty pixelated because
you aren't loading a high-res image as a zoom, just zooming on a regular
image.

Hope this helps,
Mark Fitzpatrick
Microsoft MVP - FrontPage