Images as links, purple border

Glenn Coyle

Hi there

i am using images as links and there is a border around the pics to
signify that they are linked. I would like to remove these but i for
some reason it sticks around

i have used the following CSS

..mainWindowText a:link { font-size:13px; text-decoration:none;
color:#000066; font-weight:bold;}
..mainWindowText a:visited { font-size:13px; text-decoration:none;
font-weight:bold; color:#000066}
..mainWindowText a:active { font-size:13px; font-weight:bold;
text-decoration:none; color:#000066}
..mainWindowText a:hover{ font-size:13px; font-weight:bold;
text-decoration:underline; color:#009900}

can anyone shed any light?

thanks
Glenn

Jonathan N. Little

Glenn said:
Hi there

i am using images as links and there is a border around the pics to
signify that they are linked. I would like to remove these but i for
some reason it sticks around

i have used the following CSS

.mainWindowText a:link { font-size:13px; text-decoration:none;
color:#000066; font-weight:bold;}
.mainWindowText a:visited { font-size:13px; text-decoration:none;
font-weight:bold; color:#000066}
.mainWindowText a:active { font-size:13px; font-weight:bold;
text-decoration:none; color:#000066}
.mainWindowText a:hover{ font-size:13px; font-weight:bold;
text-decoration:underline; color:#009900}

A border on the image, add to CSS

..mainWindowText A IMG { border: 0; }

Jukka K. Korpela

Jonathan said:
A border on the image, add to CSS

.mainWindowText A IMG { border: 0; }

And expect users to fail to see that the images are links and, even if they
guess they are links, whether they are visited or unvisited.

Solution solved into a problem.

Jonathan N. Little

Jukka said:
And expect users to fail to see that the images are links and, even if
they guess they are links, whether they are visited or unvisited.

Solution solved into a problem.

True, but it depends on the application. A graphic logo on a page is so
often also a link to the site's 'home' that no instruction is need nor a
border is wanted. Thumbnails is another 'web convention' now, and rarely
are borders use to indicate links. But technically, yes you should not
obscure links.