Impersonate Identity doesn't work on the server

Peter Afonin

Hello,

In my application I have to impersonate users, so I add

<identity impersonate="true" />

to the Web.config file.

As long as I run the application on my PC - everything works fine. As soon
as I put the application on the server - I cannot run the application at
all, I get an "Access denied" error. When I remove impersonation -
everything works OK.

What can I do about it? Whithout impersonation my application won't work.

The server is Windows 2003, and it's a domain controller. We are also using
Windows authentication.

I would appreciate your comments.

Thank you,

Ken Schaefer

Well, does the impersonated identity have access to whatever you are trying
to access?

Cheers
Ken

Peter Afonin

Hi Ken,

I'm just trying to run the application, and it doesn't run with impersonated
identity. I don't know what access I should set up.

Thanks,

Peter