Impersonation doesn't work with UNC

Tom Bennart

hi,
I have a web application that lets the users copy files from one unc source
to different unc destinations. The impersonation flag in my web.config is set
to true and I get the user's correct account name. When copying a file to a
unc path the anonymous users context is used instead the user's account name.
Therefore I get an access denied error.
Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Joe Kaplan \(MVP - ADSI\)

This type of scenario will require Kerberos delegation if you are
authenticating the users on the web app with IWA.

Joe K.

Dominick Baier [DevelopMentor]

do you need to run the app in the client's security context?

Tom Bennart

Yes. The NTFS owner attribute has to be set to the user's account name for
each copied file.

Tom Bennart

I found a step-by-step guide in KB article #810572. I'll try that on monday.
--

Tom Bennart