Importing j2ee into EclipseGanymede

Dancing Fingers

I keep getting errors like "The import
javax.servlet.ServletInputStream cannot be resolved" in Ganymede.
In eclipse 3.3 it was easy to fix by doing something like this:
(1) Select my project in Package Explorer by left-clicking it one
time.
(2) In the menu select Project - Properties.
(3) Select the Libraries tab.
(4) Click on Add External JARs.
But there's NO Libraries tab in Ganymede Could someone point me in
the right direction.
Thanks.
Chris

softwarepearls_com

I keep getting  errors like "The import
javax.servlet.ServletInputStream cannot be  resolved" in  Ganymede.
In eclipse 3.3 it was easy to fix by doing something like this:
(1) Select my project in Package Explorer by left-clicking it one
time.
(2) In the menu select Project - Properties.
(3) Select the Libraries tab.
(4) Click on Add External JARs.
But there's NO Libraries tab in Ganymede  Could someone point me in
the right direction.
Thanks.
Chris

Ganymede does have the global Preferences > Java > Build Path > User
Libraries section. Does that not help you?

Bo Vance

Dancing said:
I keep getting errors like "The import
javax.servlet.ServletInputStream cannot be resolved" in Ganymede.
In eclipse 3.3 it was easy to fix by doing something like this:
(1) Select my project in Package Explorer by left-clicking it one
time.
(2) In the menu select Project - Properties. (2a) Select Java Build Path
(3) Select the Libraries tab.
(4) Click on Add External JARs.
But there's NO Libraries tab in Ganymede Could someone point me in
the right direction.
That's odd, it seem to be in the same place as always for me.

Dancing Fingers

   (2a) Select Java Build Path> (3) Select the Libraries tab.

That's odd, it seem to be in the same place as always for me.

Thanks. Ganymede must not like me. I added j2ee.jar to my build path
libraries and I still have problems with
javax.servlet.ServletInputStream. I saved the file, refreshed and
restarted eclipse no avail. Any other ideas would be appreciated.
Chris
Ps: I'm starting to suspect a Windows permission issue.

Bo Vance

Dancing said:
Thanks. Ganymede must not like me. I added j2ee.jar to my build path
libraries and I still have problems with
javax.servlet.ServletInputStream. I saved the file, refreshed and
restarted eclipse no avail. Any other ideas would be appreciated.
Chris
Ps: I'm starting to suspect a Windows permission issue.

I'm afraid I can't say much about J2EE.
Are you using the Ganymede package that came bundled with J2EE?

No J2EE packages show up in the Package Explorer?

Funny thing: I downloaded and installed the 'classic' package
of Ganymede with (I thought) just J2SE, now I have an option
to 'Run on Server' in addition to 'As Java application'?
I'll have to check that out.