Increasing Tooltip visibilty

geronimi

I want a tooltip (in an item in a datagrid) to stay for more then 5
seconds (standard) visible, Do I have to write my own Toolip or can I
change a setting somewhere to increase the tooltip visible time?

during databound of the grid, I search for the cell where i want a
tooltip:
cell.ToolTip = "tooltip text";

Can I get the real Tooltip object here and set the time?

If it is not possible? Anybody some tips? making tooltip with java,

Hans Kesting

I want a tooltip (in an item in a datagrid) to stay for more then 5
seconds (standard) visible, Do I have to write my own Toolip or can I
change a setting somewhere to increase the tooltip visible time?

during databound of the grid, I search for the cell where i want a
tooltip:
cell.ToolTip = "tooltip text";

Can I get the real Tooltip object here and set the time?

If it is not possible? Anybody some tips? making tooltip with java,

For asp.net, a tooltip is just a "title" attribute on a control. It is
entirely up to the browser how that is displayed. Most browsers will
display a tooltip, but you can't set any properties for this (as far as
I know)

Hans Kesting

Rad [Visual C# MVP]

I want a tooltip (in an item in a datagrid) to stay for more then 5
seconds (standard) visible, Do I have to write my own Toolip or can I
change a setting somewhere to increase the tooltip visible time?

during databound of the grid, I search for the cell where i want a
tooltip:
cell.ToolTip = "tooltip text";

Can I get the real Tooltip object here and set the time?

If it is not possible? Anybody some tips? making tooltip with java,

I don't think you can do much about the title tag of html components.
However if its really crucial that you have this behaviour you could do it
with DIVs and javascript to detect mouseovers and then display the DIVs,
hiding them using timers.

But this is apt to be quite tricky to code and maintain