Insert not working.... :(

Paul King

Hi there,

I have created an ASPX file that contains two ASP textbox fields and inserts
those into my database.

The fields are Venue Name and Venue Date:

I believe the Venue Name is ok, but when I enter in the Venue Date this may
not be working due to formatting etc. For example I enter in 29/12/04 when
it expects 29/12/2004 00:00:00?????

The error msg I get however is the following:

INSERT permission denied on object 'table', owner 'dbo'

I have a web config file that opens up a connection string using the
administrator account.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks
Paul

Steve Flitcroft

Is the connection string using the admin account for sql server??
If so you need to grant insert permission to this user for this table in the
database.

Paul King

Thank you.

Cheers