INSERT Statement with Empty Date

Guest

Hi folks,

I am using an Access database, VB.NET and ADO.NET working with a DataGrid
control.

MY datagrid table has both a date_sent and a date_ans field. When I Insert
a record in my SQL statement, I insert a date_sent but I need to insert a
blank date_ans field. date_sent is the date when a question was sent to a
group from a web form and date_ans is the date when a question was answered.

I need to have the datagrid initially show the date_ans field with a date
shown and with the date_sent field having nothing shown. The date_ans field
is later filled in with an UPDATE statement.

I can put in a date into the date_ans field from my INSERT statement but it
is confusing to the user and will be bogus information but a valid date is
the only thing my query function, which passes the date_ans as a parameter,
as being acceptable.

I need to somehow find a way to have the app recognize a date as being a
valid date which shows up as an empty value in the date_ans field.

Thanks for any insight on this.