    Does anybody know what the problem might be here?

    Kind regards,
    kramer

    kramer65, Apr 2, 2013

  2. kramer65

    Ned Deily Guest

    /System/Library/Frameworks is the location for Apple-supplied system
    Pythons. OS X 10.6 ships with complete versions of Python 2.6 and 2.5
    (and the shared libs for 2.3). So you won't find a 2.7 folder there in
    10.6.8. In OS X 10.7 and 10.8, Apple ships 2.7, 2.6, and 2.5.

    If you used one of the python.org installers to install 2.7, it will be
    installed into /Library/Frameworks and, by default, symlinks will be
    installed in /usr/local/bin for python, python2.7, etc. Since
    /usr/local/bin/kivy appears to be a script of some sort, examine it and
    see exactly what command is on line 24. The solution might be as simple
    as editing a line there to remove the "/System" part.
    I'm not sure what you are proposing there. But you should never attempt
    to install anything into /System/Library: that's part of OS X and
    controlled by Apple.

    Ned Deily, Apr 3, 2013