Installing ASP.net MSI's on a web server with non- administrative access rights

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by rodney, Jan 30, 2004.

  1. rodney

    rodney Guest

    I am try to set up and allow a Visual Source safe 6.o
    librarian staff (non - Server admin level user) to execute
    ASP.net MSI executables on a IIS 5.0 web server. I get an
    error that says path not found when they try to execute
    the program and point to the location of where the content
    should go. I get this even when I elevate the user access
    level to "Power user" with load device and driver security
    policies. When I run the MSI (as the server
    administrator, it loads correctly. The user with Power
    user status can load other programs, etc. just nothing
    that need the IIS constructs that allow functionally like
    seeing the IIS MMC snap-in with Virtual sites and or
    directories displayed. The ASP.net MSI once executed,
    looks for the default web sites home directory via Port
    HTTP/80 location. As an administrator, access is granted
    and the content is pushed to the correct directory. This
    is not the case for a non-administrator.

    Any help would be greatly appreciated:).

    rodney, Jan 30, 2004