    Shame our customers won't be running it for a while :-(

    Any showstopper's yet though?

    Cheers, Rob.

    Rob Nicholson, Oct 28, 2006

  2. Yes, IE7 really is a lot faster than IE6. Now it's almost as fast as
    Firefox and Opera. ;)

    IE7 will be available through windows update, so I expect that quite a
    few will be using it soon. I believe that there is a lot of web
    developers that plan to drop support for IE6 as soon as possible, i.e.
    when usage drops below a certain percent.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?G=F6ran_Andersson?=, Oct 28, 2006

  3. Heck we already dropped support for IE6 basically and are recommending our
    clients to upgrade to FF2 or IE7 as soon as possible, our sites still work
    in IE6 but really we dont want to support it now that MS is going to push
    IE7 through windows update in november now...

    Smokey Grindel, Oct 28, 2006
  4. Rob Nicholson

    Mark Rae Guest

    I certainly intend to do that.

    Mark Rae, Oct 28, 2006
  5. Rob Nicholson

    clintonG Guest

    And what are you going to tell your clients when they realize IE7 deletes
    their Favorites when trying to drag and drop?

    <%= Clinton Gallagher
    NET csgallagher AT metromilwaukee.com

    clintonG, Oct 28, 2006
  6. I don't see that behavior here, what are your repo steps for doing this?

    Smokey Grindel, Oct 28, 2006
  7. Rob Nicholson

    Mark Rae Guest

    Me neither.

    Mark Rae, Oct 28, 2006
  8. asp.net is 2.0 now
    u should upgrade

    515331Jack3490, Oct 28, 2006
  9. Rob Nicholson napisa³(a):
    Sure, but its still in stone age if we talk about webstandards. It still
    doesn't support css and will be the same hell for webdevelopers who
    wants to be standard compliant. Just take a look at
    http://www.webstandards.org/files/acid2/test.html
    and compare it's rendering with other browsers...

    Przemek Ptasznik, Oct 28, 2006
  10. wow you people and ACID tests, guess what they mean nothing! it's just how
    well can it handle errors in CSS, not how well can it render... btw FireFox
    doesnt render CSS correctly also! no browser does! so they are all in the
    stone age compared to the CSS 2 & 3 standards... IE 7 renders CSS 2 a LOT
    better then IE6 and near close to FireFox, IE8 will have all the remaining
    problems worked out from what MS says

    Smokey Grindel, Oct 28, 2006
  11. Rob Nicholson

    Guest Guest

    Guest, Oct 28, 2006
  12. Juan T. Llibre, Oct 28, 2006
  13. IE7 won't be available on Windows 2000 SP4, which is still used heavily in
    small businesses simply because they can't afford to update everytime MS
    releases a new OS. Remember, a lot of systems never get upgraded from their
    original OS and the hardware running Windows 2000 is still plenty powerful
    for most business applications..

    Mike Ober.

    Michael D. Ober, Oct 29, 2006
  14. Any showstopper's yet though?

    Answering my own post but after a day of using IE7 and VS 2003, VS 2003 has
    taken to crashing pretty regularly after I've been in a code, run, code, run
    cycle. I'm going to reboot but if it carries on like this, it's back to IE6
    for a while :-(

    Cheers, Rob.

    Rob Nicholson, Oct 29, 2006
  15. asp.net is 2.0 now
    Takes time for us to catch up. Heck - we've just spent the last six months
    adding major functionality to a VB6 app :)

    Rob.

    Rob Nicholson, Oct 29, 2006
  16. Smokey Grindel napisa³(a):
    Errors too. But mostly correct interpret css.
    Right. But it's much closer than IE.
    Wrong.
    Many browsers does (Opera, Konqueror,Safari..)
    Right. It's not very difficult to render better than IE6:)
    Did you ever looked at rendering results or you just guessing?
    Try http://osiolki.net/acid2/ for example if you don't have time to test
    it yourself.
    I hope so.
    But till we have IE7, there's no revolution here. Rather few fixes and
    eliminating most annoying bugs in css support.

    Anyway, I'm not against any browser, I just try to build my websites in
    way they can be accessed by most users independent of the browser they
    use. IE's leading position in market is causing only more problems in
    building websites - webdevelopers couldn't just follow webstandards
    because they must keep building special versions of css for IE to avoid
    it's quirks.
    IE7 isn't a big step forward in this context.

    Przemek Ptasznik, Oct 29, 2006
  17. Juan T. Llibre napisa³(a):
    I mean doesn't support css well.
    I did. With hope...but it's rather disappointing.
    I agree. But while there is such a distance between modern browsers and
    IE it will be still too little to be happy with it.

    Greatest advance is in UI. In this category at least IE is not so far
    behind other browsers.

    Przemek Ptasznik, Oct 29, 2006