Link-Problem Internet Explorer 7

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Marcus, Aug 27, 2007.

  1. Marcus

    Marcus Guest

    Hy!

    I posted this message twice this year but didn't find the answer.

    ========================
    We manage the website http://www.itzehoer.de/. The navigation works
    fine in almost any browser, except a small problem in the IE7.

    The problem is, that in most cases only the text in the navigation
    seems to be the link (Fahrzeuge, Unfall, ...) , in rare cases (as it
    should be) the whole green row is clickable.

    The css is located under http://www.itzehoer.de/source/css/itzehoer.css

    We didn't find a solution for this problem. This site describes such a
    problem: http://www.1ngo.de/web/IE7-link_area.html
    But the workaround does not work for us.
    ========================

    I'm still searching for the problem. Anyone here who can help me?

    The sourcecode for this part is:

    <ul class="ebene1">
    <li class="ebene1"><span title="Startseite"
    class="ebene1">Startseite</span></li>
    <li class="ebene1"><a href="http://edit.itzehoer-
    maklerservice.iv.local/aktuelles/veranstaltungen/index.jsp?
    csc=obwjhbujpo" title="Veranstaltungen"
    class="ebene1">Veranstaltungen</a></li>
    <li class="ebene1"><a href="http://edit.itzehoer-
    maklerservice.iv.local/vertriebspartner/index.jsp?csc=obwjhbujpo"
    title="Vertriebspartner" class="ebene1c">Vertriebspartner</a></li>
    <li class="ebene1"><a href="http://edit.itzehoer-
    maklerservice.iv.local/kontakt/index.jsp?csc=obwjhbujpo"
    title="Kontakt" class="ebene1c">Kontakt</a></li>
    <li class="ebene1"><a href="http://edit.itzehoer-
    maklerservice.iv.local/produkte/index.jsp?csc=obwjhbujpo"
    title="Produkte" class="ebene1c">Produkte</a></li>
    <li class="ebene1"><a href="http://edit.itzehoer-
    maklerservice.iv.local/die_itzehoer/index.jsp?csc=obwjhbujpo"
    title="Die Itzehoer" class="ebene1c">Die Itzehoer</a></li>
    <li class="ebene1"><a href="http://edit.itzehoer-
    maklerservice.iv.local/mymaklerservice/index.jsp?csc=obwjhbujpo"
    title="myMaklerservice" class="ebene1c">myMaklerservice</a></li>
    </ul>

    And the css-part is:

    http://www.itzehoer.de/source/css/itzehoer.css

    * (line 2)
    {
    z-index: 1;
    font-family: Verdana,Arial,Geneva,Helvetica,sans-serif;
    }

    div, p, h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6, a (line 20)
    {
    position: relative;
    font-size: 13px;
    }

    a:link, a:visited, a:active (line 29)
    {
    text-decoration: none;
    font-size: 11px;
    }

    a:hover (line 34)
    {
    text-decoration: underline;
    font-size: 11px;
    }

    a.ebene1, a.ebene1c, a.ebene1o, span.ebene1, span.ebene1c,
    span.ebene1o (line 758)
    {
    height: 17px;
    width: 151px;
    margin-top: -1px;
    margin-right: -1px;
    margin-bottom: 0px;
    margin-left: -1px;
    display: block;
    background-repeat: no-repeat;
    background-x-position: 1px;
    background-y-position: 1px;
    text-decoration: none;
    background-image: url(../images/layout/navigation/nav.gif);
    color: #f7f7f7;
    font-weight: bold;
    font-size: 12px;
    padding-top: 3px;
    padding-left: 18px;
    }

    a.ebene1c, span.ebene1c, a.ebene1o, span.ebene1o (line 776)
    {
    background-repeat: no-repeat;
    background-x-position: 1px;
    background-y-position: 1px;
    background-image: url(../images/layout/navigation/navarr.gif);
    }

    li.ebene1 a, li.ebene2 a, li.ebene3 a (line 943)
    {
    display: block;
    }

    a.ebene1c:hover, a.ebene1c:active (line 793)
    {
    background-x-position: 1px;
    background-y-position: -19px;
    color: #477311;
    text-decoration: none;
    }

    a.ebene1:active, a.ebene1c:active, a.ebene1o:active, a.ebene1:visited,
    a.ebene1c:visited, a.ebene1o:visited, a.ebene1:hover, a.ebene1c:hover,
    a.ebene1o:hover (line 805)
    {
    font-size: 12px;
    }

    a.ebene1:active, a.ebene1c:active, a.ebene1o:active, a.ebene1:visited,
    a.ebene1c:visited, a.ebene1o:visited, a.ebene1:hover, a.ebene1c:hover,
    a.ebene1o:hover (line 805)
    {
    font-size: 12px;
    }

    I'm hoping that anyone here does know a solution!

    Thx in advance!
    Marcus

    Marcus, Aug 27, 2007

  2. Marcus

    Neredbojias Guest

    Well bust mah britches and call me cheeky, on Mon, 27 Aug 2007 07:32:23 GMT
    Marcus scribed:
    Perhaps the potential assistants were distracted by the auto-starting Flash
    crap.

    Neredbojias, Aug 27, 2007

  3. Marcus

    Martin Jay Guest

    I think I've figured out what your problem is. It appears to be
    located in one of your CSS browser hacks:

    /* Other browsers */
    /*/*/
    ..centercolumn
    {
    margin-right :164px !important;
    margin-right :154px;
    margin-left :190px;
    }
    /* */

    This needs to be floated left for IE7, and given a left-margin of 0.
    Like this:

    /* Other browsers */
    /*/*/
    ..centercolumn
    {
    float: left;
    margin-left: 0;
    }
    /* */

    I don't doubt this will break in other browsers, so you'll need
    another browser hack so that only IE7 sees these changes. :)

    There's another small problem now: the horizontal scroll bar appears
    at the bottom of IE7. You'll need to adjust the '.search' class to
    fix that.

    Martin Jay, Aug 28, 2007
  4. Marcus

    Marcus Guest

    Hy!

    I tried your suggestion with the following code:

    *:first-child+html .centercolumn
    {
    float :left;
    margin-left :0;
    }

    This is only interpreted by the IE7 and works fine for the navigation.

    But now the content is broken. It appears underneath the navigation. I
    can't show you this in action.

    Can you please give it another try and find me another solution for
    this new problem?

    Thx in advance!
    Marcus

    Marcus, Sep 17, 2007