Interop fails with ASP

Manjula Dinesh

Hi, I am trying to consume a C# library from ASP through interOP, this
is to read some configuration settings from the machine.config file. But
for some reason the interOP works fine with a VB client but not with
ASP, though ASP can create the instance it fails executing the method.

Would be nice if any of you could help me to figure out whats wrong.

many thanks,

-Manjula

Kevin Spencer

The first thing I would do is look at permissions.

--
HTH,

Kevin Spencer
Microsoft MVP
..Net Developer
Neither a follower nor a lender be.

Manjula Dinesh

Hi Scott, its a generic exception like this,

System error '80131902'

Could not create EC.Configuration.ConfigSectionHandler, EC.Configuration

/test/testInterOp.asp, line 7

Anyway this was in Windows 2003, but after some permisison changes it
worked in Windows 2000 Server. Still I am trying to figure out what is
causing in Windows 2003.

Thanks,

-Manjula

Manjula Dinesh

Yes, that helped, after changing permission settings it worked in
Windows Server 2000, but not yet in Windows 2003, just wondering what I
am missing?

thanks again,

-Manjula