Interpeted ASP.Net & .aspx With MS Index Server

Guest

I have created an application that will be compiled and deployed to a web
server. The users have also requested the ability to upload files to the web
server via FTP. They would like to be able to upload their HTML content and
have the header/footer and side menu dynamically added on the page.

I can create a .aspx file with controls for the header/footer and side menu
and allow them to simply add the html content in the center of the screen. If
I provide them a template .aspx file, allow them to insert the html, rename
the file to their needs, FTP the file to the .Net web server will the file
run without being compiled?

If there is no problem with that can these .aspx files be indexed by the
Microsoft Index Server so they may be picked up as part of an Index Server
based search engine?

Thanks.

Guest

ASPX file will be compiled first time it is called (how are you going to
ensure no errors). You need to specifically compile the ASPX if you keep the
code outside the ASPX file like WebForm.cs etc.

Guest

Thanks.

The controls for the header/footer and side menu will be compiled and be
deployed as part of the overall application. We will need to test the
template file, but this will only ensure that if content managers enter
proper html the file will compile. There will need to be user training to
test the files have been uploaded properly and that they compile without
errors.

Mike D.