Intra FRAME Addressing

EBH

I would much appreciate if you could tell me what
I'm missing.

The project is to gather some info from existing web screens
for display in a new screen.
'Hidden' frames seem a good way to achieve this.
BUT I just cannot get the syntax to address the data
from one frame inside the other frame to work. I'm missing
something elementary.

FRAME1 of the FRAMESET contains:

FRAME2 attempts to get at this with JavaScript:

Onestext =
parent.window.frames[0].document.getElementById("Id").innerHTML;

Which results in the fatal message: p.w.f[0].d.g("id") HAS NO
PROPERTIES

Similar syntax from a frame to outer document works fine,
e.g. the statement:

parent.document.getElementById("AnId").----;

gets whatever I want from the outer document inside the frame.

I've been at this for three days with endless variations - I cannot
figure it out. I would grateful for some help.