io/nonblock

Ara.T.Howard

i love this module. what is it's status? any plans to remove/modify in
future?

-a
--

ATTN: please update your address books with address below!

| PHONE :: 303.497.6469
| STP :: http://www.ngdc.noaa.gov/stp/
| NGDC :: http://www.ngdc.noaa.gov/
| NESDIS :: http://www.nesdis.noaa.gov/
| NOAA :: http://www.noaa.gov/
| US DOC :: http://www.commerce.gov/
|
| The difference between art and science is that science is what we
| understand well enough to explain to a computer.
| Art is everything else.
| -- Donald Knuth, "Discover"
|
| /bin/sh -c 'for l in ruby perl;do $l -e "print \"\x3a\x2d\x29\x0a\"";done'

nobu.nokada

Hi,

At Fri, 6 Feb 2004 03:55:01 +0900,
Ara.T.Howard wrote in [ruby-talk:91635]:
i love this module. what is it's status? any plans to remove/modify in
future?

I have carelessly added it under ext/io/wait, but it doesn't
seem concerned with io/wait, so now I'd like to move it to
ext/io/nonblock (and done in rough).

Ara.T.Howard

Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2004 08:59:00 +0900
From: (e-mail address removed)
Newsgroups: comp.lang.ruby
Subject: Re: io/nonblock

Hi,

At Fri, 6 Feb 2004 03:55:01 +0900,
Ara.T.Howard wrote in [ruby-talk:91635]:
i love this module. what is it's status? any plans to remove/modify in
future?

I have carelessly added it under ext/io/wait, but it doesn't
seem concerned with io/wait, so now I'd like to move it to
ext/io/nonblock (and done in rough).

why not have it in the core io methods?

-a
--

ATTN: please update your address books with address below!

| PHONE :: 303.497.6469
| STP :: http://www.ngdc.noaa.gov/stp/
| NGDC :: http://www.ngdc.noaa.gov/
| NESDIS :: http://www.nesdis.noaa.gov/
| NOAA :: http://www.noaa.gov/
| US DOC :: http://www.commerce.gov/
|
| The difference between art and science is that science is what we
| understand well enough to explain to a computer.
| Art is everything else.
| -- Donald Knuth, "Discover"
|
| /bin/sh -c 'for l in ruby perl;do $l -e "print \"\x3a\x2d\x29\x0a\"";done'

nobu.nokada

Hi,

At Fri, 6 Feb 2004 09:25:08 +0900,
Ara.T.Howard wrote in [ruby-talk:91658]:
why not have it in the core io methods?

Well, IIRC, because it is not portable enough, for io/wait at
least. Hmmm, but EWOULDBLOCK is supported by core..., might it
be OK for io/nonblock alone?

Ara.T.Howard

Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2004 09:40:26 +0900
From: (e-mail address removed)
Newsgroups: comp.lang.ruby

Hi,

At Fri, 6 Feb 2004 09:25:08 +0900,
Ara.T.Howard wrote in [ruby-talk:91658]:
why not have it in the core io methods?

Well, IIRC, because it is not portable enough, for io/wait at least. Hmmm,
but EWOULDBLOCK is supported by core..., might it be OK for io/nonblock
alone?

i don't really know - i was just saying that is it such a useful method it
would be nice if it were possible for it to be in the core.

-a